Friday, August 12, 2011

What experiences have you endured that made you a stronger,more loving person?

I had my copy of "Warriors Don't Cry" signed by it's author Melba Beals. She was one of the "Little Rock Nine", a group of Black students who were accepted into Little Rock Arkansas during the school integration during 1957. She endured so much pain and manevolence as she was harrased by white students,parents,police men(even the govenor of Arkansas sent the nation guard to keep them from entering the school.When I met Melba, she left me speechless and I was just in awe of all that she and her companions had done to change the world.Has anyone here grown from such a difficult experience and ultimately triumphed( brought you closer in your relationship with God and your true character)

No comments:

Post a Comment