Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Should I feel offended by my English teacher?

(I made this as short as possible) So, my English teacher has been my teacher since grade 5, but I've known her since I was grade 2. Grade 8 should have been the last year when she was my teacher, but when I moved to another school in grade 9 she moved to the same school (total coincidence, changing schools was a last minute decision which I never told anyone about so she didn't do it on purpose). Anyway, she'd always considered that I am one of her best students, and she still does. Last year, she made a few of my friends and I sign up for a poetry competition. So I was in the 11-14 years old category. My best friend and I won first place at the 11-14 years old category. Another girl from our cl won second place in the 11-14 category. Another girl from our cl won second place, but in the 15-19 category. Our teacher was very proud of us. Lately, she has been testing quite every student in our cl (making them do exercises, asking us words, synonyms and stuff) except for me. I must add that if a student didn't know the answer, we'd raise our hands and wait for her to name someone so say the answer. I knew quite all the answers the others didn't know, I was always the first to put my hand up, but she told me to put my hand down. To make things worse, yesterday I had people coming from grades 8 and 9 asking me if I was in the poetry competition (a different one). I felt so embarred when I had to tell them I had never heard of it(which was true). In competitions in my country, they don't want to know what grade you are in, they want to know your age, and my teacher knows that I have the age of a grade 8 or grade 9 student (I am currently grade 10 and 14 years old, younger than the rest of my clmates, long story). I thought maybe she just wants to give my clmates a chance to improve, but they're really good at English too! And why would she make my best friend answer her questions, although she considers both of us the best in English class? And what about the poetry competition? What should I do? I feel offended and neglected!

No comments:

Post a Comment