Sunday, August 14, 2011

Help with heating my whole house?

OK, so we bought an older house on a short sale a couple weeks ago and when it came time to turn the boiler on in the basement, the cast iron radiators were busted. It leaked water all over the house to where we had to replace all the floors and remove the heaters. It is a little warmer out now so we run 4 space heaters and the oven when it gets chilly. I have a gas boilter a gas water heater. My question is this....nexf winter, can I just run Infrared heaters? My house is 1500sqft. Or can someone tell me how to use the boiler in other ways besides replacing those heavy cast iron radiators? I will need heat somehow next year but I dont want to spend a fortune, I am wrapped up enough. Can you please help with efficiant, cheap ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment